· Racing Victoria officially launches new digital platform
· Racing.com provides racing fans with access to more information
· $690,000 investment from the Victorian Racing Industry Fund
Victorian racing fans will have access to one of the best thoroughbred racing websites in the world following the official launch of Racing Victoria’s new website – www.racing.com.
Premier and Minister for Racing Denis Napthine said the Victorian Coalition Government had invested $690,000 from the Victorian Racing Industry Fund to enable Racing Victoria to develop its digital platform and launch this exciting website in time for this year’s Spring Racing Carnival.
“This one-stop-shop brings together Racing Victoria, Country Racing Victoria, the Victoria Racing Club and the Melbourne Racing Club under one banner and will provide racing fans in Victoria and across the globe with access to a range of new and existing information,” Dr Napthine said.
“The new website will make racing more accessible to a broader audience and help attract visitors from around Australia and the world to experience our great events in person.”
Racing.com will have a host of features including:
· race replays for all Victorian metropolitan and country races
· unrivalled fields and form that allows visitors to choose the level of information they want;
· innovative tools to assist visitors to identify the best placed horses and help select more winners;
· exclusive access to Victorian stewards reports with improved integration within form and results information;
· detailed event information to plan an enjoyable day at the races with family and friends;
· expansive articles, photos and video; and
· a new and enhanced mobile app.
Racing Victoria Chief Commercial & Strategy Officer, Andrew Catterall said both the Racing.com network and mobile app will continue to evolve beyond launch.
“They will provide anywhere, anytime access to comprehensive racing data, news, video and more to meet the needs of everyone from serious racing enthusiasts to those who simply want to enjoy a social day at the races,” Mr Catterall said.
“For the first time, Racing.com brings together field, form and racing content on one network, together with club membership, ticketing, ownership and events, and rich profiles on our jockeys, trainers and horses.
“We are expecting more than 1 million unique visits over the Spring Racing Carnival, with more than half of the traffic coming from mobile devices.
“A key feature is also a new section dedicated to the 50,000 registered owners of thoroughbred race horses in Victoria, providing trainers and owners with tools to plan a horse’s campaign and full statistical histories of their horses’ careers.”
Dr Napthine said the Victorian Coalition Government was a strong supporter of the racing industry through its $79.5 million Victorian Racing Industry Fund (VRIF).
“Thoroughbred racing in Victoria is worth $2.1 billion to the state’s economy each year and has over 70,000 people involved either as an owner, trainer, breeder, employee or volunteer,” Dr Napthine said.