Buyers will get their first chance to invest in weanlings and broodmares at next month’s Breeding Stock sales in Sydney, headlined by the inaugural Chairman’s Sale (Elite Breeding Prospects) and the time-honoured Inglis Australian Broodmare & Weanling Sale.
Among the lots offered will be some star Victorian bred and sired weanlings along with a handful of prized broodmares offered by Victorian farms.
A total of 89 Lots will be offered at The Chairman’s Sale Session II (Elite Breeding Prospects) at Newmarket on Friday April 7 from 5pm.
A further 543 Lots will be offered over the three days of the Broodmare & Weanling Sale from April 10-12.the catalogue includes 137 weanlings, 34 race fillies and 372 broodmares.
The two sales will be the final ever sales held at the historic Newmarket complex before Inglis makes the move to its new facilty at Warwick Farm.
The strong catalogues are filled with Victorian bred and offered highlights including:
- Three Bridges is set to make history offering a world-first ever lot through the sales ring by star Darley sire Brazen Beau.
- The first foals of Swettenham Stud’s Toronado (see separate story) and Bombora Downs’ Warhorse will also go under the hammer at Newmarket
- Mares in foal to 2016’s top new Victorian sires including Rosemont’s Nostradamus and Darley’s Night of Thunder have been catalogued
- Blue Gum Farm is selling (as agent) Beauty World (Danehill Dancer), the dam of four stakes winners including recent Talindert Stakes 2yo winner Ducimus. He was the sale topper, at $700,000, of the 2016 Inglis Premier Yearling Sale. She is being offered in foal to champion sire Written Tycoon.
- Three Bridges is selling a number of broodmares including multiple stakes winning Don’t Doubt Mamma (Not A Single Doubt)
- Swettenham has catalogued multiple stakes winner Member’s Joy (Hussonet) for the Inglis Chairman’s Sale. Her first foal (by I Am Invincible) recently sold for $320,000 at Inglis Premier Sale. She is being sold in foal to Swettenham based sire Toronado.
- Bayles’ Yulong Park has four broodmare lots catalogued for the Inglis Chairman’s Sale including mares in foal (southern hemisphere time) to United Kingdom based super sires Frankel, Invincible Spirit and Golden Horn. Yulong is also putting on the market Flame of Sydney (Encosta De Lago), a stakes winning mare which has produced Hong Kong Group 2 winner Notlistenin’tome. She is in foal to Medaglia D’oro.
Buckley’s Erinvale Thoroughbreds, Nagambie Hillside Thoroughbreds, Glenelg Park, Merrick North’s Kulani Park, Flinders’ Two Bays Farm are among other Victorian farms with drafts in one or both of the sale catalogues.
Inglis’ National Bloodstock Director Jonathan D’Arcy was thrilled with the strength of the catalogue.
“Year after year this sale provides investors with outstanding opportunities, be it for pinhooking weanlings to the following year’s yearling sales or for breeders looking to buy well related mares in foal to ta wide array of stallions,’’ D’Arcy said.
“Following on from an outstanding 89-horse catalogue in the Elite Breeding and prospects session of The Chairman’s Sale on the previous Friday night, this year’s edition of the Australian Broodmare & Weanling sale promises to reward buyers with great value for money and the opportunity to purchase weanlings and mares from some of the country’s leading breeders.’’
Supplementary entries for the sale will be taken until Monday April 3.