Victoria has produced some brilliant horses in recent years that have gone through Inglis’ Newmarket sale ring at Easter time.
Think All Too Hard (Easter 2011), bred by Gilgai Farm and sold through Makybe. Or this year’s three-year-old superstar Flying Artie (Easter 2015) bred in the garden state by John Shannon.
Among the Victorians heading up to the 2017 Inglis Easter Yearling sale there is sure to be another champion. Or two. Or possibly three or more.
A quick browse through the preview magazine released by Inglis this week includes what look like to be a few ‘show-stoppers’ at the sale:
- Spendthrift Australia will make its Australian yearling sale debut with a Tapit colt out of an American Group 3 winner.
- Three Bridges will be selling a Pierro half brother to Rangipo, a Group 1 NZ Derby winning son of Stryker.
- Hesket Bloodstock (through Amarina Farm) is sending to the sale a Redoute’s Choice half brother to its triple Group 1 winner & Victorian bred sprinter of the Year Flamberge.
- Makybe never disappoints with its Easter offerings. In 2017 they will offer a Snitzel half brother to Group 1 Thousand Guineas winner Amicus.
- Tarcoola Stud has a So You Think half sister to Costa Viva, the Group 1 winning NZ filly of the Year in 2013-14.
On the first season sire front, Sun Stud’s two stallions Fiorente and Fighting Sun will both be represented.
Here is a quick lowdown on the Victorian content heading north to next year’s big sale.
Victorian vendors (or as agent) include:
- Dorrington Farm, Hastings
- Glentree Thoroughbreds, Modewarre
- Hesket Bloodstock, Newham
- Limerick Lane Thoroughbreds, Nagambie
- Makybe, Gnarwarre
- Rosemont Stud, Gnarwarre
- Spendthrift Australia, Romsey
- Supreme Thoroughbreds, Romsey
- Swettenham Stud, Nagambie
- Tarcoola Stud, Tuerong
- Three Bridges Thoroughbreds, Eddington
- Woodside Park, Tylden
Active Victorian sires with lots:
- Fighting Sun (Sun Stud) – 2 lots
- Fiorente (Sun Stud) – 1 lot
- Magnus (Sun Stud) – 1 lot
- Reset (Darley Northwood) – 3 lots
- Written Tycoon (Woodside Park) – 5 lots
- Zoustar (Woodside Park) – 27 lots
You can read the Inglis Easter preview magazine here.
The final catalogue will be available in mid-late January.
To request a catalogue or a copy of the Easter Preview Magazine, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Inglis Sydney on 02 9399 7999.