The efforts of Written Tycoon and his progeny on the race track and in the national sires tables have had a massive impact on his book of mares this year.
Having achieved phenomenal success last season like no other Victorian based sire has since the late 1970s, the Woodside Park sire is now one of Australia’s most in demand stallions.
He started the covering season off with none other than Gilgai’s champion broodmare Helsinge (who has recently tested in foal) and the list of star mares has continued.
The current booking list includes:
- Helsinge – dam of Group 1winners Black Caviar & All Too Hard
- Samantha Miss – multiple Group 1 winner
- Gold Edition – multiple Group 1 winner
- Rising Romance – Group 1 winner
- Extremely – dam of Group 1 Blue Diamond Stakes winner Extreme Choice
- Satin Shoes – Group 2 winner & Group 1 placed; out of a Group 1 winner
- Fontiton – Group 2 winner
- Karuta Queen – Group 3 winner & Group 1 placed. Winner of MMs 2yo Classic
- Gregers – Dual Group 3 winner & Group 1 placed
- No Looking Back – stakes winner & Group 1 placed
- Minaj – dual stakes winner
- Naturale – sibling to Group 1 winners Black Caviar & All Too Hard
Many other Group winning mares and Group producing mares have already been covered or will visit the Australian Champion 2yo Sire in coming weeks and months.
The list of broodmares attracted from around Australia is a credit to the deeds of Written Tycoon, but also to the personnel at Woodside Park lead by Mark Rowsthorn, Murray Tillett and their hard working team.