A record number of Victorian bred lots are readying themselves for the auction ring at Magic Millions’ sale complex on the Gold Coast.
With Victorian bred Group 1 winning sale graduates Redzel and Global Glamour taking all before them in recent times, the search is on for the next Victorian bred Group 1 winner.
No less than 137 lots in the seasonal sale opener have been signed up to Super VOBIS with 108 of those eligible for the new $1.5 million VOBIS Sires race series.
All of those lots will be able to compete for close to $24 million in VOBIS bonuses and prizemoney every coming racing season.
Incoming Magic Millions Bloodstock Manager Clint Donovan has run the ruler over the Super VOBIS lots and identified a few of the highlights:
- Lot 12 – Makybe’s Snitzel x La Fluorescent: Deep girth, big hips, and by Snitzel equals a fast filly. She certainly looks the part, and is bred to be back here in 12 months in the big race.
- Lot 13 – Woodside Park’s Written Tycoon x La Paris (bred by Woodside): This handsome colt is by outstanding Woodside Park stallion Written Tycoon, the winner of the Thoroughbred Breeders’ Victoria Champion Sire Award for the past two years.
- Lot 73 – Rosemont Stud’s Brazen Beau x Medici Madonna: By champion racehorse and first season sire Brazen Beau, this purposeful colt is built to be fast and will be popular.
- Lot 137 – Written Tycoon x Noondie: This well-bred colt is a full-brother to Group 2 winner Booker. He’s dripping with quality and has plenty of scope.
- Lot 150 – The Wow Signal x Oomaroo: By The Wow Signal, the Group 1-winning son of Starspangledbanner, this colt is a real standout.
- Lot 395 – Noorilim Park’s Dissident x Top Classic: Horse of the year Dissident is represented by this quality offering from Noorilim Park Thoroughbreds. A great mover with a lot of presence.
- Lot 542 – Three Bridges’ Brazen Beau x Bella Jewel: A sharp-looking colt by Brazen Beau, he is a compact and well-muscled individual.
- Lot 710 – Shooting To Win x Fairchild: By Darley’s Shooting to Win out of a speedy two-year-old mare by General Nediym who has three wins from three races, this fellow ticks all the boxes.
- Lot 820 – Musk Creek Farm’s I Am Invincible X If I Can I Can (NZ): A potential superstar, this filly is out of a Stakes-winning mare and by star sire I Am Invincible.
- Lot 831 – Sun Stud’s Tapit (USA) x Inventive (USA): By international super sire Tapit and a half-sister to a Group 1-winning two-year-old, she’s got the pedigree to back up her good looks and wonderful action.
- Lot 833 – Woodside Park’s Zoustar x Invested Capital (GB): A physically impressive Zoustar colt that fills the eye, buyers will fall in love with his fluent movement.
Added to that list of Super VOBIS yearlings are the likes of:
- Lot 330 Zoustar x Solar Charged – the full sister to Magic Millions co-favourite Sunlight)
- Lot 531 Rushton Park’s Helmet x Bardego filly – a half-sister to last week’s NZ Group 1 winner Volpe Veloce
- Lot 767 the Makybe bred Snitzel x Gold Anthem – a half-brother to Champion sprinter Starspangledbanner
- Lot 768 Lauriston Thoroughbreds’ Snitzel x Gold Edition filly – the daughter of superstar multiple Group 1 winning filly Gold Edition
- Lot 1059 Three Bridges’ Unencumbered x Tangerine Dream – a half-brother to Group 1 winner Pear Tart
There are also a large number of first crop yearlings of Victorian sires including Toronado, Hampton Court and Brazen Beau.
A full list of the 137 Super VOBIS nominated lots is available via Magic Millions Catalogue.