The 2015 TBV Stallion Nomination Fee Auction held at the Inglis August Thoroughbred Sale on Friday raised a total $76,000.
Seven stallions from Victorian studs were represented in the auction with Darley’s dual three-time Group 1 winning sire Helmet obtaining the highest price. A relative newcomer to the local industry, Yu Long Investments, paid $25,000 for a service to the Darley sire who has his initial crop of Victorian bred two year-olds ready to race this season.
Services were also offered to Written Tycoon by Woodside Park Stud, Toorak Toff (Rosemont Stud), Stryker (Three Bridges Thoroughbreds), Puissance de Lune (Swettenham Stud), Statue Of Liberty (Eliza Park International) and Hampton Court (Spendthrift Farm).
“Thoroughbred Breeders Victoria is very thankful to each of the seven stallion farms for their generous donations of service fees,” said TBV Executive Officer Patrick Clancy.
“The funds raised through this auction will be important to market and promote the Victorian breeding industry and help increase returns to Victorian breeders.”
2015 TBV Stallion Nomination Fee Auction Results
The list of stallions, auction results and buyers are listed below:
- HAMPTON COURT (sale price) $5,000 (buyer) Belmont Bloodstock Agency
- HELMET $25,000 Yu Long Investments
- PUISSANCE DE LUNE $8,000 Inglis (as agent), Victoria
- STATUE OF LIBERTY $6,000 R Frenzel
- STRYKER $6,000 S Gardiner, Western Australia
- TOORAK TOFF $8,000 Inglis (as agent), Victoria
- WRITTEN TYCOON $18,000 Burnewang North